The Puy du Fou

Les Epesses Travel Blog

Climax at the Viking show

The Puy du Fou is a lesser known theme park about 1hr from Nantes in the Vendee. I use the word theme park loosely, it's nothing like Disney, it has no rides or rollercoasters. Instead has 5 main shows and many smaller ones and tells the history of the area.

It is a great place for people of any age, although there are a few steep slopes and gravel underfoot which gets quite slippery when wet, there are translaters in several languages.

You don't have to be interested in history to enjoy yourself, I personally go for the shows and photo opportunities. Along with the shows there are replica villages, a farm area, and conservation center.

I have now been going for the past six years and there is always something different.

Best Places to sit:

Gladiators - Anywhere is good here but opposite the governer's box is very good.

Vikings - Personnally I like to sit halfway in the center as I don't like the heat of the flames.

Musketeers - towards but not too close to the stairs in the center up the top or bottom.

The Phantom Birds - I prefer on the slopes either side not the middle. (check the sun's position first)

Battle of the Keep ( les donjons) - I usually sit half way up as the bar tends to obstruct your view but I recently went quite high up and that was great for photos.

(Forgot to mention that food can be quite expensive so it's best to take a picnic or at least snacks and drinks)

bernard69 says:
I have to go!thanks for all yr advice:)
Posted on: Aug 12, 2009