Daytrip to Cesme, Turkey!

Cesme Travel Blog

Chios town/ the harbour
Sunday, usually a day to sleep, but today it's  early rise, we are going today to Cesme, Turkey.
The ferry departs at 9 am from Chios town. The sea is calm and we can enjoy the beautiful weather and a particular scene when we're leaving the port of Chios town. The crossing takes 45 minutes, and then we set foot ashore in Turkey. Cesme is much larger than we had thought and the day looks bright. The first terrace we find is of course for us, and we enjoy a drink here. On the floor sits a young woman, she bakes a type of bread, which tasted delicious. After a rest we're walking into the center of Cesme, here is a large market on Sunday.
The smell is delicious, herbs, fruits and vegetables, a colorful spectacle what it always does.
Our boat!
It is warm and crowdy, the local population and the tourist mix here together. After the market we went to  the shopping area and I enjoy a massage at the local barber. After the massage, there is a new me!! ( they can do that hours and hours!), i'm a happy guy!
Time for lunch on the terrace by a nice restaurant, the Turkish food ( the bread is special and always delicious) was good and we were sitting here for almost two hours.
Of course, we're not only here for eating and drinking, so we walk through this beautiful town. We were walking along the quay , a soft breeze makes the stay pleasant, we enjoy a beautiful environment.
24 hours in a day is sometimes too little, but everything comes to an end. The ferry departure at 6 pm and we are on time for just another  drink. We go on board and do not know what awaits us.
The bunches are loose, and we are still in good spirit. Unfortunately for short duration, just outside the harbor, they told us to go inside because a storm is comming, and after a few minuts, everybody is sitting inside and i tell you, they were verry quiet, including me! The waves are growing and when i was looking through the window, there was only water. I her you thinking, of course you're on the sea, but there was everywhere water, inside outside, the waves covered the boat and as I said, everyone was quiet, very quiet and white.

JP-NED says:
Thanks Mike, thats why i love this island, for me it's the best. and thaks for the congrats.
Posted on: Jul 17, 2009
Lord_Mike says:
I loved all the pics...felt like I was there as well. Great write up, and congrats again for your feature today!
Posted on: Jul 16, 2009
Chios town.
Chios town.
Turkey!/ Cesme
Turkey!/ Cesme
Turkey!
massage by the local barber!
massage by the local barber!
The square in Cesme.