Goodbye NYC and Michael Jackson |

Boston Travel Blog

NYC-Boston-NYC
I said goodbye to Mel and Pierre and definitely will meet again somewhere in the future. They sure had a great time in Peru trekking to Machu Pichu by now. Lucky boys!

Exactly at 11am I checked out and headed to Chinatown where the cheap bus fares took me to Boston for about 5 hours journey. Departed from Chinatown NYC and arrived at Chinatown part of Boston. I don’t know why the city didn’t motivate me to take any photos. Probably because it’s somewhat similar typology as any other American city where New York is the greatest. The city is not based on grid system layout but rather follows the natural setting.

I stayed at Youth International Hostelling that I didn’t booked whatsoever and luckily it had free bed.
Rockefeller Center

The next day I headed back to NYC with longer journey as the traffic went mad. Back in NYC I checked in to other hostel in 96th Street West. The hostel was horrendous! The room was cramped and there was no seating in common area in front of reception desk. I could see every time the guests were seating and lying on the floor with their laptop connecting to free wi-fi and others walk passed between them. The kitchen has only sink.

I spent the rest of my stay in NYC roaming around Rockefeller Plaza and Times Square.

The next day I was ready to fly back to the UK when suddenly on the telly at the gate, it began showing a breaking news that the one and only Michael Jackson had been hospitalized in Los Angeles. On the journey on-board I lost the connection to the world and as I arrived in Heathrow taking train to London, the guy sat next to me was reading tabloid with front page BOLD Michael Jackson is Dead! May he rest in peace.

www.travbuddy.com
RH122 says:
Very interesting blog!
Posted on: Jul 16, 2009
herman_munster says:
and yeah now I know what you mean on intersection of 12th and 9th. That part of Manhattan with diagonal angle street.
Posted on: Jul 04, 2009
herman_munster says:
She was in a rush I think.
Posted on: Jul 04, 2009