EuropeNorwayBodo

Ah... Northern Norway

Bodo Travel Blog

Bodø has never been my home. And I'm not particularly fond of all of my relatives there.
 And still it feels like coming home. It's something about the pace of the people, I think. Every garden you see is overflowing with flowers, people stop and talk to each other when they meet on the street. When you go out for a beer you always meet someone, and they all expect you to be part of their conversation, even if they've never seen you before in their lives. I always feel welcome in Bodø. Whether it's calling up an aquaintance and asking for a bed, or bumming a smoke off a random person on the street, I feel welcome.

And the food -
I don't know why, but it seems that everyone in Northern Norway have some homemade food. If they haven't made it themselves, their mother -  or grandfather, or the neighbour -  has made some, and shared around. Whether it's jam or bread, homesmoked salmon or meat,  cakes or soup -  it's homemade. I don't know if people up here have more time than people further south, or maybe they have more energy. Maybe it's tradition that makes them keep up with the food preserving, or maybe they just simply enjoy picking berries, fishing and taking care of the food aferwards. maybe it's simply that they have so much nature, and it's so close that you really don't have any excuse not to go out and get your food?
annthansten says:
yup, it sure could :)
Posted on: Aug 09, 2009
rotorhead85 says:
The world could use more places like this!
Posted on: Aug 09, 2009