Lovely Singapore

Singapore Travel Blog

Dinner
After what seemed like the longest flight ever, I arrived in Singapore at 7.30 on the Monday morning. After a bit of a luggage delay I got in the taxi and headed for the Royal Plaza on Scotts. My home for the next couple of nights. I didn't get much sleep on the flight and really needed a nap before going to meet some of the Singapore TB's.
The meet up was going to be at La Pau Sat. An old Victorian cast iron building housing many different food stalls.
I got there a little early so found a bar and had a couple of beers and just people watched for a little while. When it was a bit nearer the meet up time I went for a walk around the place. Luckily, TBers are fairly easy to spot. Lots of laughter, a mix of nationalities and lots of photo calls. We ordered a variety of food and pitchers of tiger beer. After dinner discussion turned to night time activities. Some wanted to do the Night Safari, others said it wasn't worth the money so we ended up going for a nice walk along the river down to the Merlion and then ended up in Harry's bar for a few cocktails.
All in all, a great night. I met some wonderful, happy, funny people who I hope I will one day see again.

The TB gang