London to Singapore on the whale plane.

London Travel Blog

It just looks like it ate too many pies.
Finally!! I'd waited almost a year to make this trip. My sister moved to Adelaide due to her husband getting a job there.
As soon as she let me know they had found a place to live I went ahead and booked my ticket. Unfortunately, it was at the time when the fuel prices were going up quite a bit so I ended up paying a lot more for it.

I picked to go with Singapore Airlines for a lot of reasons. First of all, their reputation, I've not heard a bad thing yet. Second, I've always wanted to see Singapore. And third, that bloody huge plane!

It was a lunch time flight so no new to get up too early. The flight over was very pleasant. I had a window seat on the upper deck so quite roomy. The service was better in their economy than I've experienced in on some business class flights. One stewardess kept the drinks coming so I got rather tipsy early on. I then settled in watch one of the 112 films available to choose from. My first pick was Gran Torino. I'd heard a lot of good things but did not know how it was going to end and due to a combination of too much chardonnay, tiredness and me being slightly emotional about seeing my sister after a year I cried like I don't know what! I don't think anybody saw me though. Can't have anyone thinking I'm a softy.
It just looks like it ate too many…
It just looks like it ate too man…
photo by: ulysses