Day 5 - Time in Madrid

Madrid Travel Blog

Day 5 - Free Day In Madrid

Today we get up and head out on another great adventure of Madrid.  We go for a tour of the Royal Palace which is right in the city. And its raining in Spain. We head out of this city and to this amazing palace that is built into this mountain, The Royal Palace In Valley of the Fallen .You can see this cross on top of the hill from the distance.
We get to the cathedral and do a tour inside. It is a huge place and totally amazing, check out my photos below. This is for sure a place you all must come see and do in this area, it was an tourist optional with Contiki but highly worth it. We make It back into the city again for free time, we go walking around the city and check many shops and buildings.
We go for lunch at this one restaurant and have burgers and Coca-Cola, quite good actually. Then we go check out the Post Office which must be the most interesting building in the entire city. We head back to the hotel for a quick rest before we go for tonight’s activities.
Tonight we head out for group dinner to some supposed  to be a local restaurant for local food. We had a choice of food for chicken or Bull, I think I had a choice of both. I eat all types of food here and a funny dessert, check out the photos.  I have good conversation with this one girl who is originally from Belarus at dinner. After dinner we head out to some Irish pub,  and have many more drinks. Its very touristy bar but run into many other Canadians here, quite a small world, it’s a fun and wild night.
Afterwards we are off to some Salsa dancing at this Salsa bar, we all make the journey to this salsa bar. Have a few great drinks and try my hand at the dance and almost fall over my feet, even our tour leader Sasha got dressed up and was dancing here tonight. Really fun night. Finally I get into a taxi and head back to hotel, called it a night.
Overall about Madrid, it’s a great city, I like better then Barcelona, I highly recommend everyone to come and check out this amazing city. I wished I had more time here to explore this amazing wonder.
Feel free to check my photos of it below as they say a store of themselves.
Royal Palace