Day 4 to Madrid

Madrid Travel Blog

Day 4.  On towards Madrid.

Today we get up and head for breakfast. Pack our bags and go for a long walk to our bus which was parked about a few blocks away. Onto the bus we leave the good city of Barcelona and heading off to Madrid today.
We do a quick snack stop on route and buy lots of chips and munchies for rest of the trip.
Finally onto a famous town, Zaragoza which is mentioned in my photos. It has an amazing square area and a big big church to walk about it. We go and walk around in this amazing church and its very grand. Then its lunch time, I go off with Mike a few others to look for any scene of a buffet lunch. We ended up settling for some burger place.

The burger was quite good and the fries went down quite well actually.
It takes a long long time to get our bill, almost 20 minutes, we literally had to go in and track them down to pay the bill. Back onto the bus, however 2 people are missing, Lily and Mike. We are almost on the verge of leaving without them when they arrive. Apparently they forgot the time while waiting for lunch in some bbq rib place. All well, they get to walk the embarrassing walk of shame onto the bus.
We continue on our journey to Madrid, its good ride and there is many good hills and scenic things to see on the way.  We make a quick stop at this truck stop that had all of this solar power farms nearby, quite neat.
On ward to Madrid, upon entering ,it looks like a very exciting city, more cultural then Barcelona, very typical European type. We stop at our hotel, The Hotel Praga and check in to our rooms, The room is very nice and hotel seems to be very nice.
We later join the group for dinner downstairs, its this huge all you can eat buffet dinner of everything really good. This one group of Italians were singing and dancing in the room as well, till they were told by staff to be quiet, all well.
This evening is going to be just a going out night, we regroup in the downstairs bar later on and make plans. We all get into taxis and head out to some bar that evening. Here I remember drinking a few rums and Jack Daniels on the rocks. Its quite crazy, afterwards its onto some nightclub. It was quite an amazing nightclub with many bright lifts and lots of girls in fancy clothes, drinks started at 13 euros!!
By this time I was quite broke and needed to head back to hotel and called it a night.
We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow, more adventures in Madrid and area.

View more information at my travel blog "Exciting World Travel" at www.excitingworldtravels.com

fake bulls
double fisting!!
double fisting!!
Madrid Hotels & Accommodations review
A Charming Place in Middle of Madrid
Hotel Praga was located in Madrid Spain at Antonio Lopez 65. I stayed at this hotel as part of a tour of Madrid with Contiki in 2007. On arrival i… read entire review
Madrid