South America in a nutshell

South America Travel Blog

Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina and Uruguay.

I landed in Lima Peru, the next morning I flew into Cuzco, spent 2 days there going around on city tours and visiting the ruins and also to acclimate to the altitude. On my third day in Cuzco I then started the 4-day Inca Trail. From Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes) I took the train/bus back to Cuzco and that very night took an overnight bus to Arequipa. I get to Arequipa in the morning and do a city tour the very same day, and book a Colca Canyon tour for the next morning. From there I get to Puno the following morning. As soon as I get to Puno I book a tour to the Uros floating islands on Lake Titikaka. The next morning I leave for Copacabana, Bolivia and take a boat to Isla del Sol and spend the night there. The following morning I leave for La Paz and spend there 3 days, one day is spent doing the death road bike tour. I then take an overnight bus to Uyuni and book the 3-day Salt flat tour right away which landed me in San Pedro de Atacama, Chile. The following day I take an overnight bus to Santiago. The next day I go to Valparaiso and Vina del Mar, and returned to Santiago at night. The next morning I leave for Mendoza Argentina, that evening I take an overnight bus to Buenos Aires. The next day I leave for Puerto Iguazu to see the great water falls. That same night I take another bus back to Buenos Aires and stayed in Buenos Aires for two nights, on my last day I took the one-hour boat to Uruguay to a city called Colonia and spent there all day. I took the boat back that night to Buenos Aires. The following day I took the plane back to L. A. and there you have it. One full month well spent and have no regrets and only great memories.

Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina …