Samay Wasi

Cusco Travel Blog

Cuzco view from hostel

Samay Wasi means rest home in Quetcha and that's the name of the hostel I'm staying at. Really nice place with a great view of the city of Cusco. They welcomed me with a nice, hot coca tea, which tasted a bit like green tee. Not bad at all, and no I didn't get high from it. I arrived here this mornig and met another backpacker from London named Mike who's staying at the hostel. Mike had been volunteering for 2 months in another town in Peru but now he's traveling for pleasure. We went to the main plaza of Cusco and took some pictures. We also headed to a nice restaurant that everyone has been recommending checking out and it didn't disappoint, it's called Jack's Cafe. After a nice lunch I cameback to the hostel and took a nice hot shower, which made me very sleepy.

Cuzco town square
The altitude sickness has been very kind to me, I only feel the shortness of breath when I'm walking uphill but other than that I've been ok, unlike other people who had to take pills.
I took a nap that was cut short by one of the hostel workers, she told me a friend was here to see me. It turned out to be Jowe, a Phillipina girl. Jowe and I had been exchanging emails for the past couple of months trying to see if we could put a little group together since we'll be visiting some of the same places. I wasn't expecting to see her until tomorrow. It was a nice surprise to se her and we've agreed to meet for dinner and maybe do some sightseeing tomorrow. Mike had also mentioned getting together for dinner and maybe grab some beers. It's getting really cold now and I still haven't bought one of those cool looking beanies they sell here in Cusco. This town is very lay back and easy going. I'll try to post some pictures later on if I get a chance to hook up the camera to the computer.

Cusco