Ottawa, the Capital of Canada Day 2

Ottawa Travel Blog

Today is second day in Ottawa, Luke left this morning for his Stand By flight to get back to Thunder Bay.
We head off for another day in Ottawa, first stop was to the Sparks St pedestrian mall.
It is a nice area, but being November and cold out, no people are around at this time, but one can imagine how it looks like in the summer time.

We walk to the Supreme Court house of Canada and its a very grand and important building. Many important cases are done here, so check it out. We walk by many more important building and statues of Ottawa.

We make it to the Byward Market area of Ottawa, Stop in a plaza and have a huge hot chocolate and a danish. It was probably the best hot chocolate I have ever had. It is very very cold out today, also its november so that is why it is cold.

Sparks St

Outside people have many great open markets of vegetables, and fruit for sale. AS well, hats and gloves and clothes are being sold as well.

We walk past the Canadian Mint and many other important buildings. Finally we make it to the Prime Minister's house at 24 Sussex Drive. This is where Mr. Stephen Harper Lives. Its ok and highly secured to a degree.  We are heavily watched by the RCMP while at this location, but then again its only the Canadian Prime Minister.
We make it across the street to the Rideau Hall which is another amazing looking structure here. From here we walk back to downtown Ottawa, in the cold.
Now it is time for lunch, so we venture to the Byward market and take in one of the many nice pubs here.
We goto the Aulde Dubline Pub which was quite good, we are served by a nice waitress, but she has big legs, and wearing a funny kilt. But she is very kind and served us quite well.

We go for a quick walk around to the mall and nothing to buy so off to the hotel for a few hours. It is too cold out today, so I want to warm up.
For rest of afternoon, I just do my notes on rest of the trip.

Later this evening we go for our final meal in Ottawa and of the trip. We head back into the cold to the Byward market.
We go to the pub Heart and Crown which is a nice Irish pub. I order a fish and chips and Guinness and its really good. Amazing good. I am going to miss Ottawa, tomorrow back to Thunder Bay, land of boring food and everything.

I thank you all for listening to my blog about Ottawa and our whole trip to Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec, I have some more reviews to follow from this.

Please forward all your comments and smiles. Thank you my dear travbuddies, bless you all.

Check out Exciting World Travels

our suite
our suite
Ottawa Hotels & Accommodations review
A Good Hotel In Downtown Ottawa
We stayed at this hotel back in November of 2007. Here to go see a Ottawa Senators game. It is a nice hotel,check was good at front desk, staff we… read entire review
A nice Low Key Pub in Ottaw
While we were hungry for lunch. We found this nice little pub in downtown Ottawa. We went inside and it was a good welcoming place to sit down for … read entire review
A Great Place for a Drink in Byward Market
It was a nice place to check out. It was our last night in Ottawa and wanted a good meal to end it all. Found this place right in the Byward Market… read entire review
A Great Place to go for Lunch
We Stopped here for lunch on very cold windy November Day. Its a nice place in the Byward Market area. My review is almost a cut and paste of a simil… read entire review