Kayaking the Wailua River.

Kapaa Travel Blog

Today kayaked the Wailua River.  If you have time and money to do this, definately do it.  It is so much fun.  Our check in time was 8 in the morning.  You have to book every activity in advance because during the summer, things get booked up pretty quickly.  We used the Wailua River Guides.  I really recommend them.  Joel was our guide and was awesome.  We brought our 7 year old nephew and he made it a lot of fun for him.

They give you all the equipment and then some.  We kayaked for about half an hour until we docked.  Then we hiked to the secret falls.  We saw a queens bath along the way.  It's not a really bad hike but make sure you have really good water shoes.  Preferably ones that protect your toes a bit.  I learned that lesson the hard way.  I jacked up two of my left foot's toenails smashing them on rocks.  The pain was worth it though.  The waterfall was amazing.  I think it's one of the few that you can actually swim in.

After the beautiful water fall we had lunch and trecked our way back to the kayaks.  Then we kayaked back to where we started.  I think after everything we were done by one or two o'clock.  I found that while I was on the island I didn't really look at the time much.

We went back to the hotel and took a quick cat nap and freshened up because now we were going to a luau.  We chose to go with the Smith family luau.  Very good food and very good show.  The dancers could be a little better but the presentation of the dances were so well done and creative that it didn't matter when some of them messed up.  I have to say it again, the food was amazing.

Kapaa