Kauai Travel Blog

Originally my mother and I had planned to go for a swim in the morning at Lydgate and pretty much relax the rest of the day but my fiancee called and said that his mother and my girlfriend wanted to go shopping.  We put our plans on hold and got ready because he made it sound like they were coming up to my mom's room right then.  We ended waiting for a hour and a half for them. We should've gone swimming anyway but oh well,

We decided to go to a market I kept seeing when we drove and I read up on it in one of those guest books.  We went to the coconut market.  I have to say if you're looking for souveniers for people this is the place to shop.  There's a lot to choose from and the prices aren't that bad.  Anything from jewelry to key chains to clothes to food.  We did that for the entire morning and some of the afternoon.  Then I went plumeria hunting once we got back to the hotel.  I needed plumerias for my hair for the wedding.

My hair and make-up lady came to my room at about 2 pm.  She got me ready by 3:30 pm.  Dress went on.  Got to the wedding site at about 4 pm.  Waited in the car until it was time to walk down the isle.  Walked down the rose petal covered  isle on the beach at 4:45 pm and said my vows.  It rained a little during the ceremony but then the sun came blasting thru.  It was georgeous.

After the ceremony we stayed behind to take more pictures with the photographer.  Then we headed to the reception at the Hukilau Lanai.  Awesome food and awesome wait staff.  After dinner and the cake cutting we started dancing.

I had so much fun.  I think I'm one of the few lucky brides who gets to say that everything from the tiniest detail was perfect.

photo by: hauteboy