Arrived in Lima today

Lima Travel Blog

It was difficult to say good-by to the people of San Fransisco a small Shipibo village near Pucallpa.  It was even more difficult to say good-by to the friends that I had made, who where also on a spiritual quest to learn from the Shipìbo shaman Mateo.  (more on that in my other blogs when I get home, this blog is about Lima, so ill try to keep on subject :-)   .

I checked ito the hostel (hotel jose luis) in Miraflores last night (27/06/09), the hostel in located in a very quiet area but walking distance to pretty much everything.  The first night here i decided to jut get an early night.  I have been drinking Ayahuasca for days and I havent really had that much sleep.

Today however I woke early, 0600.  Breakfast is searved between 0700-1000, there is a selection of teas, coffee and bread and jam this morning.  You can however use the kitchen facilites once breakfast has finished.  After breakfast I took a walk about, actually i walked about all day taking photos.  There is a lot of security about in Lima, i felt very safe, but after taking a photo, my camera was always but back in a none conspicious bag.

Oh i forgot to mention that the hostel has a computer with free internet access (which im using at the momet) Once i get home I will be able to upload lots of photos, ill remember to take a couple of photos of my room as well.  Its pretty basic, but for the first time in a month ive got hot and cold running water (no more lifting buckets from a well)  oh and this is the first time Ive got to sleep in a bed.....

Other plus points for me are the lack of insects wanting to take a bite out of me and the weather (which is very bearable).  Right ill update my blog as I go.  My feet are pretty sore right now so im going to go and get a cuppa tea :-)

Peace and love from Peru.

Dan