Long day of driving............camping on the shore of Lake Victoria tonight.

Lake Victoria Travel Blog

Ok,I

So today was a crazy long day of driving.  We woke up super early, and were on the road all day.  We stoped for lunch along side of the road, and played with some children that were facinated by us.  They were so exited when we took photos and let them see their own pictures.  It was fun.

We drove on, and finally we made camp on the shore of Lake Victoria.  It was not the most beautiful place I have ever been.  I would have kind of described it as more of a swamp.  Hahahaha.  The lake has this weed growing in it that is taking over the lake.  Lots of flys.......lets hope my malaria medicine is working!  The best part I think was a warning sign that warns us of reptiles and animals and how we camp at our own risk.

YiPpPpPy!

So setting up camp and breaking it down has been especially challenging for me as I have never done anything like this befor.  I am learning quickly and everyone has been super helpfull in teaching me.  I can honestly say that I believe this is one of the best experiances that I can have.  I am very glad I chose this style trip.  Adventure all the way!  The showers have been um.... chilly is a good word, but I actually look forward to them.  I guess tonight was my fault because I didnt know we had to flip a switch to heat the water.  Oh well.  Made me tougher!

As I am trying to fall asleap tonight, strange snarles and growles and howels are taking place outside of my tent.  I had zipped it up high and locked it from the inside, however that sign warning us of animals and reptiles kept flashing in my mind.  I doubt I am going to sleap well tonight!  :)