Meet up with Britt at the Louisiana Boardwalk!

Bossier City Travel Blog

The Louisiana Boardwalk

I have met several great friends over here in Travbuddy, but this was going to be the first real life experience with someone from the website. Britt and I both live 1-hr away from Shreveport/Bossier City so the Louisiana Boardwalk would be a great place to meet. Britt suggested a Steak House called Salt Grass. I love steak, so I knew it would be good!

We agreed to meet at 6 pm since Louisiana heat makes it impossible to go out at earlier times. We went inside the restaurant, which did hot have proper air conditioning, but that didn't matter at all to have a good time. Over there I could learn about Britt's passion for wine and all his knowledge in the matter. He is really impressive! Specially for a newbie like me, I think I've tasted wine like 4-5 times in all my life.

With the view of Shreveport casinos
I asked for a Filete Mignon Medium that was very very tasty. The flavor of steak and the wine that Britt suggested was just awesome. I did truly enjoy it, but mostly the talk, which covered several different topics from travel to religion and politics! I always appreciate interesting talk with respectul people.

Then we did our job for Travbuddy, which is taking pictures of everything, the restaurant, boardwalk, shops, etc. The weather was very humid, but the temperature had dropped a little. We actually had the chance to attend a Michael Jackson memorial event that took place in the Boardwalk. They showed Michael's videos and people would dance to them. A good way to remember the King of Pop.

I did truly enjoy Britt's company, I think he is a great, very educated and knowledgeable person. Look forward to meet him again!

Larrys says:
Glad you had a good time and a good steak. yum!!!
Posted on: Jul 16, 2009
montecarlostar says:
No, thank you Britt!
Posted on: Jun 28, 2009
williamsworld says:
Thanks Carlos. Ditto
Posted on: Jun 28, 2009
With the view of Shreveport casinos
Britt at the plants shop
Britt at the plant's shop
The dancing fountain
The dancing fountain
Me at the dancing fountain
Me at the dancing fountain
Bossier City Sights & Attractions review
A good option for shopping
The Louisiana boardwalk is an open mall by the Red River in Bossier City, Louisiana. There are many stores of clothing, shoes, perfumes and everything… read entire review
Bossier City Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Delicious food, great service
This restaurant was Britt's choice for our meet-up. It's a nice restaurant by the Red River in the Louisiana Boardwalk of Bossier City. It was almost … read entire review
Bossier City