Working in Karachi

Karachi Travel Blog

Nice view of the city
In Karachi now, still under work/house arrest, but its the Marriott so its cool. The Marriott is pretty awesome and pretty large. "Suzie Wong" is the nice chinese restaurant I eat at everyday. Karachi seems pretty cool, although I am told it is much more dangerous than Islamabad. I didn't realize how big the city. It's actually a major metropolitan with about 20 million people and growing. I have a nice view of the city from my hotel room. Of course, I am still prohibited from leaving the hotel, except for work. Which sux, because it would be cool to get out into town. One odd thing, are the huge amount of large black birds just circling the downtown area, where my hotel is. It's like they sense something is about to happen, like vultures. It's almost like a scary movie. LOL. I am being a little over dramatic. You get use to them after a while and then you don't even notice them. But it was just weird the first couple of days. Here are a few photos., one where you can see the birds. I've only been here a week, so more photos to come.
hammyyy says:
Hey, so good to see your words on my city. Well, wish you could make it easily to cool places like beach and up-town social life and not to forget the ancient architecture in downtown developed by the English govt..
Posted on: May 07, 2010
tekk2k says:
Pretty much for security reasons. I was in Karachi working for the U.S. Department of State. It was a security policy mandated by the Department of State Security officers. They felt that Karachi was too dangerous for U.S. Government workers. Technically, I could physically leave the hotel, but that would be breaking policy, which would jeopardize my job.
Posted on: Sep 15, 2009
Morle says:
Hi there! May I ask why you were prohibited from leaving the hotel?
Posted on: Sep 15, 2009
Karachi Marriott Health Club
Karachi Marriott Health Club
Karachi Hotels & Accommodations review
Marriott Hotel Karachi Review
I spent 3 weeks in this hotel. It's one of the better Marriotts that I have stayed in. The rooms were great. The rooms come standard with 42" LCD TV o… read entire review
Karachi