Arrival in the Golden City of friendship

Cagayan de Oro Travel Blog

We deplaned in Cagayan de Oro airport ten minutes earlier. We flew with Cebu Pacific Airlines and for the entire time I was flying with them I haven’t experienced any delays yet. We always take off early thus arrive earlier as oppose to the rumors about the flight delays of CPA.

I was so excited to be in CDO. It was the first time that I flew with my close friends. It was also my first time to fly with a small plane and for some; it was their first time to be on a plane. Not to mention that it was our first trip together outside the Visayas and it was our first time to be in Mindanao so everybody had no clue as to where to go and what to do except for the white water rafting. It was so nice to be a virgin!

When we deplaned, I was the second person who got off the plane (by request) to take pictures of my friends on their way out.
It took them several minutes to get out since they were waiting for the pilot, so they can take pictures with him (FB purposes). Imagine? They’re crazy! The moment I got out I felt chilled. It’s so different from Cebu. The air is so fresh if I could only breathe 200breaths/minute, I would. But it’s no brainier since I’m in a mountainous area and in a not so urbanized city so obviously the air is cleaner.

From the airport we rode on a jeepney to Divisoria (town center) which cost 23php. Clocking it, the town is a 20 minutes ride. It is far considering that there is no traffic going there. Downtown, we went to Mcdo to grab breakfast and decided to inform the rafters from the tour group we’ve chosen to meet us there. Shortly after the txt the rafter guides were already there, fast! We haven’t even started eating yet.
. but they didn’t mind waiting for us. After bf, we filled out consent forms (with picture taking in between) when everybody finished and consented that if ever we die, our families can’t sue them so when all the papers were collected we immediately head out to the start off site for rafting.. On the way, we stopped at Makahambus Cave and took some pictures, I also need to urinate since I can no longer wait until I find a water closet or pee in the river so they said, I should go farther in the cave and pee on a small dent. I did as I was told because I really couldn’t hold it any longer but everybody made it a circus by taking a lot of pictures while I did the act. It was one hilarious moment! :P It took me a lot of deceitful tactics just so I can get the cameras and delete the gross pictures.

After the cave, we went back to the jeep and traveled further until we arrived at the advanced starting point for the river rafting (bridge boundary of Bukidnon and CDO). It was supposed to be white water rafting but since it rained a few days before our arrival, the water is muddy brown. But anyway, we put on our gears and went to the river side for the paddling orientation and precautionary measures while rafting. Our group is a composite of 8 and only three of us know how to swim. So we decided to divide ourselves accordingly. First raft is composed of Michael, Fova, Debbie who can’t swim and Dyan who can which I am sure she can’t save lives cause she freaks out easily but they are accompanied by two master rafters.
On our raft it was only Lizer and I who can swim and Eve and Arnica who can’t and we are accompanied by one rafting guide and one mountain climber.  But our group had more fun than the others because we had team work. The rafter guide really need our paddling to navigate the raft to safer parts of the rapids while the other raft they we’re only instructed to paddle just for the sake of letting them try paddling but in truth the two master rafters can navigate the raft by themselves without the need of others wimpy paddling. Moreover, our guide was strict and serious, when he commands, be sure to follow it or he’ll slap you with the bitter cold water. He is also so focused in what he was doing he can’t be distracted by our jokes or side track stories. So we had 4 hours fun rafting though I was expecting it to be more difficult and challenging.
I want to feel the danger of falling off from the raft but I was utterly disappointed because it was a safe rafting. It was enjoyable, yes, because it was my first time to do such outdoor activities but I never felt the fear, the drive, the adrenaline rush to save my life thus I find it a bit boring.

The rafting ended somewhere where there was a cottage for bathing and a “resto”. You pay 20php if you wanted to use the br/cr to shower and change clothes. On the adjoining resto the cheapest food they have on the menu is 180php which is kind of pricey for only a SILOG (egg) meal so we opted to just get dressed and head to the city and eat there.

nomaden says:
Ay naku! Wag mo ng basahin. Wala naman tong kwenta :) Itanong mo nlang yan at sasagutin kita!
Posted on: Jun 02, 2010
darlenemartin says:
Hindi ko pa din tapos basahin pero for sure im gonna need this, since I'm planning a trip from Bohol - Camiguin - CDO - Manila! Or Bohol - CDO - Camiguin? Hehe Salamat sa makabuluhang blog! :D Asahan mong iistorbohin kita sa mga susunod na araw! Haha :P
Posted on: Jun 01, 2010
cant get enough of this view
can't get enough of this view
Camiguin Island from afar.
Camiguin Island from afar.
reflection
reflection
elongated
elongated
Sunrise in progression 1 :)
Sunrise in progression 1 :)
Sunrise in progression 2 :)
Sunrise in progression 2 :)
Sunrise in progression 3 :)
Sunrise in progression 3 :)
Sunrise in progression 4 :)
Sunrise in progression 4 :)
Sunrise in progression 4 :) The su…
Sunrise in progression 4 :) The s…
Sun stalker :) Above Mindanao moun…
Sun stalker :) Above Mindanao mou…
Cagayan de Oro