Reno Travel Blog

The Girls

If you have been following The Guys story you'll know that we are home now.  We put in a combined total of over 20,000 miles without a single ticket, accident, or mechanical breakdown. Sure there may have been a little more than normal wear and tear on the bikes and car, including the rust we picked up back east, but it was so worth it.

One of the great things about traveling on the bikes and with a convertible is that it seems that people are more apt to strike up a conversation.  The long distance to travel and our short time frame didn't allow a lot of time to linger and get to know different places so these conversations were our chance to connect and get a glimpse into life elsewhere.

Even though the weather keep our route to mostly northern states this trip was a great chance to see the vastness of the US.

Fall Colors at Park City , UT
  And as with most trips my highlights include the people we met along the way, the scooter rider from Minnesota, the couple from Fargo ND we met in a rest area, our friends in Chicago, the impromptu hip hop lesson from the great dancer at the W, the gentleman that helped me check my oil in Pennsylvania, the couple from Maryland,  the WWII vet in DC, the Kimpton manager that dreams of moving to Las Vegas, Ranger Tim in Virginia, the waitress that seemed like she could be anyone's best friend in Kentucky and so many more.   I'm know not everyone is like me and there are people that don't want to their travel to interupted by strangers but if you get the chance to talk with travelers I would encourage you to try, you just might help them connect to your place.

Salt of the Bonneville Salt Flats
Salt of the Bonneville Salt Flats
Lamoile Canyon, Nevada
Lamoile Canyon, Nevada
Rabbit bruch hedge at Garden Pas…
Rabbit bruch "hedge" at Garden Pa…
Reno