A very short stop in resort-like Nha Trang

Nha Trang Travel Blog

Nha Trang is where you go when you want to drink, have a party and go to the beach. While I might enjoy this for a few days when I'm with friends, I didn't really feel up to it right now, as I was sure there were many more interesting things to see in Vietnam. But I wanted to travel north to Hue, but didn't want the enormous exhausting trip. So I decided to stop-over in Nha Trang, go to the beach for a few hours and then hop onto a nightbus to Hoi An.
The journey to Nha Trang was long (nine hours in a cramped seat), but I had a nice view from time to time. The good thing about a train (as opposed to a bus) is that you can read a book :). I arrived in Nha Trang around 8pm, found myself a good hotel room for $15 dollars, had some dinner and went to sleep pretty exhausted. The next day was beach time, which I enjoyed very much, but didn't like Nha Trang in particular. There was a lot of hotel development going on (Sheraton was building there) and sometimes it felt I could be in any beach resort in the world. But the beach was very beautiful so I cannot complain :). There's probably another side to Nha Trang, but I couldn't find it in the few hours I was there..
Nha Trang