Magical Hoi An

Hoi An Travel Blog

Lampoons
From Nha Trang I took a nightbus to Hoi An, further up North along the coast. I was a bit skeptical about the nightbus, but it turned out to be pretty okay. I actually slept quite good, waking up around 6am, shortly before arriving in Hoi An.
I arranged a hotel through an internet booking, and the bus kind off dropped us off in the hotel/guesthouse area. They tried to get us into that hotel, so I arranged a moto to bring me to the hotel I booked. This moto driver turned out to be a very good scam, since I actually just had to walk 30 meters to my hotel (but I didn't know that at that time). But the guy just drove me around in such a weird way that I soon lost any feeling of orientation and dropped me off at the right hotel.
Incense
He basically just drove me around in a circle, untill he came back to almost the same spot. Such nice guys those Vietnamese.
The hotel was great though, and very happy to crash there. The next three days I took to exploring Hoi An by foot, which is a great! It's magic out there, very beautiful. The little old houses are pretty and the streets are lined with small restaurants, shops selling beautiful lampoons and ofcourse the tailor shops. Very bad for my wallet.  The tailors can make anything for you in just about a day, and most of them are very good. They are also very flattering, especially if your a costumer. But they will say that anything looks good on you, even when it is absolutely unflattering. Next to the clothes shops there are also a lot of shoe shops, that will also basically make anything for you. Again, very addictive. I left Hoi An happy with two new dresses, two pants and tree pairs of sandals.
mathieucalvet says:
Sounds good I can't wait to go there....
Posted on: Aug 04, 2009
The Japanese bridge
The Japanese bridge
Hoi An river
Hoi An river
Hoi An Hotels & Accommodations review
Nice and friendly hotel
This was such a good place to stay! The room was very clean, nicely decorated and the staff was super friendly. Dai Long is located in a good spot, ju… read entire review
Hoi An