Frontier City

Oklahoma City Travel Blog

Silver Bullet
In Oklahoma City is Frontier City, a park that thinks its a full fledge theme park by offering overpriced preferred parking and fun things like that, but is  run by hicks. There are two covered wagons with two windows where you could buy tickets, and I waited about fifteen minutes in the line on the right. When I got to the window the girl said she was closed.  There was still a line of about twenty people behind me. When I asked where we were supposed to go now she didn't know. When I told her she needed to get somebody to take her place, she held up the window cover and hid behind it.  I told her to get a manager, she called somebody and then just sat in a chair and stared off into space.
street in frontier City
The guy behind me asked the girl in the other window why that one window we were in line at was closed. She simply said that wasn't her responsibility to know, then he went over to the other covered wagon. When I cut into the other line to get a ticket the girl there told me I needed to go back to the end of the line and had no concern about the other line of people that just got shafted. I told her I wasn't going anywhere until a manager came out. The guy that was behind me in line came back from the other covered wagon and said there was a church lady there selling half price tickets to the park for a Baptist convention that was going on inside. So we all went over there to buy tickets, told the little old church lady how great she was, and gave an earful to the manager since his employees were about as smart as potted plants.
concert area
Inside the park is soaked in theming up to your ears, which is where all your money goes, but not into cleaning up all the trash and graffitti the park is swamped with. A big chunk of the rides were also closed. The three rollercoasters they have are all used, but were actually pretty good, including the wooden Wildcat, which is pretty smooth considering its age. Of course the operators here are trained to be inefficient. Yes, seriously, you have to be trained to be that inefficient, so plan on spending more time in line soaking in humidity than is necessary. They also have an old style shuttle loop that is pretty good considering how simple it is, and a German looping rollercoaster with a fifteen minute long line that took an hour due to poor operating skills. Serioualy, do the owners of these parks realize the people waiting in line want to get on? Afterwards, it was time to travel east, but as it got later and darker, the cudzu covered trees in the dark started to look like mutated space animals trying to attack my car, so it was time to pull over at a rest area and get some sleep.
covered wagon