Moving on

Jena Travel Blog

So it is Wednesday ... 2 more days of work and I will take the plane to London and my new life there. The first Good-Byes have been said, my furniture and other belongings are moved to my parents and I am sitting in an empty home. It is truely the end of a chapter of my life -  a wonderful chapter full of so many friends, adventures and freedom but also challenges and throwbacks. I graduated from university and am starting my PhD in London. I didn't think that leaving the safety and comfort of my friends and my hometown for the last 7,5 years would touch me as much as it is doing now. I am very very happy to go to London but I actually quite liked my life so some changes are more welcome than others ;) Usually when I went on travels and studies abroad I always knew that there would be a coming back. Not so this time.
But how do they say ... true friendships are unconditional of time and place. So nothing is lost but a lot will be gained :)
Last weekend I had a huuuuge - not only good-bye-party - but a whole good-bye-weekend! Me and 16 of my friends traveled to Heidelberg to visit another friends and just celebrate our friendships now that many people are moving to different places. Awesome!!!!
And luckily I chose a quite popular travel destination as my new head quarter so I will have many people coming to visit :)

Ok, this gets probably a bit difficult to follow but I have so many thoughts in my mind that keep popping up .... Wish it would be already sunday and I'd be walking the streets of Camden.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that the next days pass by smoothly!!
jennifer_z says:
Good luck to your new life in London.
Posted on: Sep 02, 2009
oldschoolbill says:
Fingers Crossed Florida Good Luck!!
Posted on: Sep 02, 2009