Wonderful Finland

Helsinki Travel Blog

Just returned from my first trip to Finland. It really reminded me of Minnesota with all the forests and lakes. It was such an easy place to travel in. The people were so helpful and there is lots of info in English. Spent 4 nights in Helsinki. Loved all the nice design shops and outstanding cafes. The Finns love their coffee, just like me! The best was flying up to Roveniemi for a few days. We rented a small cabin in the woods 2 miles from the town. There was still snow but it was really starting to melt since it was April. We attempted Cross country skiing for an afternoon but the trail was so icy we were on our butts more than skiing. We had to go pay a visit to Santa Village, there was hardly anyone there so got lots of time with the big guy who seemed to know a little bit about everything! He even knew where Duluth was. The only down side of Finland was finding good vegan food. Any vegetarian options had cheese and we could only find one all vegetarian restaurant in Helsinki but it was still tasty, got my cheese fix for the rest of the year!
travelman727 says:
Great coffee, cross-country skiing, Santa and cheese! Sounds like a holiday to remember :-D
Posted on: Apr 23, 2007