My home town Køge

Koge Travel Blog

Hi there!

I went around my town and to some photos the other day. My intention was to get some nice shots to mail to some friends I have in New Zealand. Then I remembered Travbuddy.com and saw that there where no photos from the town centre of Køge, which I just adore. Therefore this blog, so everyone in here have the opportunity to see my beautiful town.

Køge is a wonderful place with lots of old houses in fact the oldest house in Denmark is right here in Køge. Other than this we have good shopping and cosy backyards with either small shops or cafés. In the centre of town at the big square we have a fruit and vegetable market every Wednesday and Saturday from about 8 am to 2 pm.

Køge is situated 40 mins by train south of Copenhagen. When standing at the town square it'll take you 5-10 min by foot the harbour or 10-15 mins to go to the forest. There are also two nice beaches situated just north or south of the city.

If you like museums we have a local museum called Køge Museum i Nørregade, a museum which display our town around 1850 in scale 1:10 located at Strandvejen. Other than these there are also a museum in Nørregade with a lot of sketches from different danish artists and is the only one of its' kind in Denmark.

Køge offers a wide range of restaurants from traditional danish courses to italian food, sushi, chineese or mayby some nice seafood or a Danish ice cream at one of the places down at the harbour.

Well I could tell you lots more, but my advise is of course that you come and see for yourself. If any of you guys have questions don't hesitate to ask. And if you're lucky I might have time to give you a small tour in the town centre if you come and visit.

Hope this has given you some inspiration to come and visit Denmark. ;)

Greetings rikkewj

Dr_Seuss says:
I love architecture of towns and cities, and Koge certainly has a lot of interesting stuff 8)
Posted on: Jul 17, 2012