A small but mighty show

Bucyrus Travel Blog

from The Telegraph Forum - See the little lights on the ground? I'm the 3rd from the left!

The nice thing about smaller shows is the fact that I don't need to see the sun rise to get the thing set up.  We arrived on site around noon.  We = My dad (Fireboss), Dan (my husband), Steve (my uncle - Dad's brother), Mike (Dan's dad), Mom, and myself.  The first thing out of the trucks were the racks.  I can't help much when they're being built, but I helped where and when I could.  I've always said that I'll swing a hammer about 100,000 times more than anyone else on the firework site (and drive about a quarter of the nails...).

Next, product (the fireworks themselves) was sorted out and loaded up.  That went incredibly smoothly.

The weather stayed in the 60's and it was cloudy.  It was PERFECT for set-up.  Not too hot, not too cold, and most importantly, NO RAIN!

Showtime came at 10 p.m. prompt.  Dan hand lit the 3" shells.  I lit the 4" shells.  Steve lit 5" and Mike lit 6".  Mom pushed buttons for the cakes, 8" shells, and finale.  Dad made sure everything went off smoothly and conducted the entire operation.

Clean up was fairly easy and done before 11:30 p.m.  I was in bed just a few minutes after midnight.

WHAT!?!?!?!  That was... a boring blog.  But that's all I have to say about Bucyrus show.  It was beautiful; it was easy; it went smoothly; and I'd gladly do that show again.

from The Telegraph Forum - See the…
from The Telegraph Forum - See th…
Bucyrus