A hometown show goes very well.

Upper Sandusky Travel Blog

The best part of Upper's show is the fact that I'm the backup.  The local fire department and firemen are in charge.  They build racks and load product.  They hand fire during the show.  They clean up.  Basically, they donate their time and do the work.

Because this year's show was on the 4th (usually it's a week afterward), they needed a bit of extra help because many of the firemen were helping with the annual chicken BBQ.  I wired up the smaller shells in the finale and helped with the wiring of the larger finale and the fronts (cakes).  Again, setup went flawlessly thanks to the firemen involved from our town and a neighboring department (Pitt Twp.)  Dan and I went home and showed back up onsite about an hour before showtime.  At showtime, we all took our places and put a very nice show into the air.  There were 18 cakes (ground effect fronts) and I have to admit, I LOVE them.  I can see where some people don't like them because they're lower, but for the people in direct sight, they really are the coolest effects!

As I type this, it seems like such a short and uneventful blog.  However, when writing a blog about fireworks, uneventful is a GOOD thing.  I have no stories of toorential downpours, broken limbs, standing in a mine field during a lightning storm, crazy dogs pulling out wires, completely insane helpers, or other oddities.  Simply put, I helped with three shows.  All three shows went textbook well.  People enjoyed fireworks, and I'm done for a while.

Again, part of me wants to apologize for not having more danger and excitement to report; but the majority of me is very glad I don't have any danger and excitement to report.  It was a very successful Fourth of July season.  To my American friends reading this, I hope you had an excellent holiday weekend and were able to take a few moments to remember the sacrifices of the men and women who helped make our country a great place to live today.

As of now, my next scheduled show is a small homecoming show at a nearby college campus.  THANKS for reading.  Pictures to follow.

Upper Sandusky