Show #1 of only 3.

Upper Sandusky Travel Blog

Dan gasses up my car.

Due to the recession, many towns (especially smaller ones) have cut back or completely eliminated fireworks shows this year.  There weren't as many jobs available, and jobs that are available aren't nearly as big.  SO, this will be my shortest fireworks blog yet.

Tomorrow, Dad, Dan, Mike (Dan's father) and I will be heading up to Green, OH to set up that show.  Mom is going too, but for riding along and fetching food purposes only.  She's retired from the actual set-up, shooting, and tear down mess.  Another change from my usual Green show is that Dan and I are heading back home at 7:00 p.m.  We're not staying for the firing.  Green is about 2.5 hours from my house.  It's being fired Saturday night; and I am now the organist for our church.

Here we go again!
  If I stay and help clean up, that doesn't put me in bed until around 3:30 a.m., and I need to be at church ready to play around 9:30.  Therefore, I'm leaving early.

The only show that is just "Billy Boom's" (my Dad's - FireBoss) and crew, is Bucyrus on the 3rd.  I'm glad to have Bucyrus because it's close to home and the district I teach in.  Again, it's a pretty small show.  But, it'll be good to have some small shows after years of HUGE shows.  We don't have Portage Lakes, Chilicothe, or Medina.  I will probably help set up Upper's show on the 4th, but most of the set-up is firemen.

So, this may not be my most exciting fireworks blog, yet - but blog it I will!

Hummingbird says:
It's a shame that the economy's troubles hits everything around it too. Hopefully it will get better and you'll have a big year next year!! :D
Posted on: Jun 25, 2009