Second Time Around in Samal Island

Samal Island Travel Blog

Maxima Fees

I didn�t get enough sleep last Sunday night. I was certain that my mind is totally blank but still not enough to get me to sleep. Darn. Maybe I was excited for the tour the next day or maybe someone�s thinking of me. Haha, I don�t know! Time came when my phone alarmed, time to wake up for the tour! None of us took a shower that morning (just washed my face and brushed my teeth) because we�re heading anyway to the beach in Samal. Before we left my friends and I bought some snacks, breads, drinks, paper plates, plastic spoons, fork, cups, etc., the other group brought with them some fruits, bread and later on bought rice and Lechon manok (roasted chicken) for lunch. We were all on a budget but gladly we were all full that day, we enjoyed our food, we were so blessed!

Alright, first stop was terminal bus going to Peñaplata, Samal.

We came early the bus was already there, almost ready to go but we had to wait for the other group to arrive. But by the time the other group arrived, the bus was not available because of flat tire. Again we waited, we were there for almost one hour before we get to the bus. Buses going to Peñaplata are being barged to the port (like RoRo) and it took around 15mins to reach the port of Samal island. After that we transferred to a small jeepney going to maxima resort, it took approximately 10-15mins to reach maxima resort. We paid Php20/head for jeepney ride.

Maxima resort fees:

-         Php150 (Adult) and Php 100 (Child), Php 200 (Package ��" Saturdays and Sundays)

Inclusive of: Canopy walk, unlimited use of giant slide, diving board, lifevest, tables and chairs

I enjoyed the giant slide as well as the diving board.

It was a thrilling experience, I got lots of dozes of adrenalin rush that day! Walking through the diving board and reaching the end of the board was real scary, the height of the board from the water I think is around 15 feet. Imagine that! I had the guts to jump from it and dive into the water. I loved it, it was really fun. As well as the giant slide! A long slide made of tarpaulin, it felt like time stopped in split second upon reaching the end of it then after that youâ��d feel a great splash into the water. That hurt my butt,  it was fun filled experience! After diving or sliding you would have to swim and walk back again to the top and fall in line to repeat those. All in all, I had 4 rounds of diving board and 2 rounds of giant slide. They have this giant floating trampoline in front of the giant slide, where you can stay after sliding. We were not able to avail the canopy walk, (which is included in the fee) because we didnâ��t know that itâ��s only available till 12nn, after that we would have to pay another Php 100 and wait for 17 batches to finish. Besides we didnâ��t have enough time because one of our friends has flight in the evening and we had to go to Hagimit Falls after Maxima.

Hagimit Falls:

-         Around 2 to 3 minutes of jeepney ride from Maxima to Hagimit Falls.

-         Entrance fee is Php40.

Hagimit Falls Info:

The late Fortunato Batucan Sr.

Hagimit Falls
a hardworking husband of Lola Goyang, a father of 14 children cultivated this place as early as 1950�s. Unfortunately he passed away by a struck of a killer lightning. After his untimely death his son named Glicerio Batucan, Sr. took over the footsteps of his father and continue cultivating this place.

Hagimit Falls is a wonderful place, fresh, cold and clean water, perfect place to swim after we dipped into the salty beach of Maxima. (By the way, we didn�t took a shower and just dried up ourselves a bit after our Aqua Fun at Maxima, yeah sticky salty feeling! LOL)

After Hagimit Falls we were again split into two groups, first group went ahead to catch up to their flight and our group (got a new plan), we headed to Paradise Island (Again!.

. -- I was there last year.). My friends continued on enjoying the beach, it was low tide that day, since I�m kind of tired already I just took a shower and changed clothes. We had our dinner there again, never ending rounds of rice and lechon manok. We stayed there for one and a half hour, coz if we extended our stay we�d have to pay additional charge, because day tour is only until 5pm. We took a boat ride back to Davao�s port and taxi ride back to the pension house.

Port of Samal
Port of Samal
Canopy Walk
Canopy Walk
Giant Slide (view from the top)
Giant Slide (view from the top)
getting ready for the diving board
lunch time
Maxima resort
Maxima resort
House by the sea in Maxima resort
tables and chairs w/ colorful umbr…
tables and chairs w/ colorful umb…
cottages
rose in an aqua colored jello
rose in an aqua colored jello
Samal Island Sights & Attractions review
Total Fun and Adventure in Samal Island
Entrance Fee: Php 150 - Adult Php 100 - Child Includes: Unlimited use of diving board, giant slide, life vest, tables & chairs, canopy walk (til… read entire review
Samal Island