The fireworks in Phangan

Thong Nai Pan Beach Travel Blog

Hola!

This night was the last night for us. The bar set up a party for Songkran Day but no one comes with the water-gun at all. It's waterless party here but I like this way also. More people came to have dinner here this night but the bar was quiet, it's too early maybe. We moved to sit next to the bar after dinner, they set a table with the mat on the sand. Time to drink! We were waiting for a party, i would like to see how is it.  Around 9pm people came. It worked! We would have a party finally yeah!

The bar man brought his friends to show the fire-player (I don't know how to call it, as you've always seen on the beach that a guy rolls a wood that fired-it's a show) There are about 5 men with one foreigner kid showing which can get attention a lot.
the show
Today we had more people joined the resort, and two big groups are Thai People but after the showed finished, they all went back to their places. Around 11pm, there were only Laila and I who are Thai with other tourists. They danced at the bar but I am too lazy to make a move so I was just watched them dancing. Laila was quite drunk after got two glasses of wine and two bottles of spy wine cooler so she started dancing. I took about 5 bottles of Singha beer already but doesn't hele me feel like to dance at all. I had fun just to see them laugh, smile and enjoy:)

This night we got a few more friends who joined us at our table. The first one who came is Tom, he's from Germany. He was sitting with the three guys at the other tables. Then he moved to us and said "I don't understand their language".
The beach bar
I asked "what language they speak?" He said "Hebrew". Ahh, they're from Israel and they were friends, Tom came alone and joined them.

So he doesn't understand their language so he moved to talk with us  but if we spoke Thai he would move again, maybe? :D  After talked to him a bit he's left to dance. I realized again when everyone was at the bar and only me left on the beach watching them. Even Laila was out there to join them too. Haha what a lazy ass I am. This moment reminded me of Lipe Island Trip that I was with Laila. I still remember the New year party night at Jack's Jungle bar. There were more people than here, we had a really great time. Tonight is quite the same, less people but we all had fun.

While I was thinking back to the Lipe moment, a guy who talked to Laila at the bar came to me and asked "how are you?".
she loves spy
So I got a new companion now. When Andy showed up, Tom was at the bar and enjoyed dancing, Laila was there too and danced. He stayed next to our bungalow in another place and just came to join the party as his friend came from England to meet him. I saw him since the evening when he carried a girl on his back from his place to here. They were fun and funny. The girl danced all the time after he put her down, but with the nice step. I loved to watch. Anyway, so Andy joined my table until the party finished. I like what he is doing. I don't know his background much and i don't want to ask in detail, just only the basic like where he come from and what he does. He has been all around and sure to the other beaches then he knew that Phangan is the place that he loves, especially here, this beach.
not too many people yet

He can speak Thai a bit but enough to survive here. The thing that makes me jealous is he is building his house in Phangan, just behind my bungalow, wow! I saw the picture, it will be finished in two months. Wow! How lucky he is!

You know, I thought about to have a house on the beach since I was here 4 years ago but it doesn't come true. Maybe just I  only think but I never try to do it. But Andy who just came here for a year already made it happen! I would love to talk with him more but then the bar is closed and the others called Andy to move to the Bamboo Bungalow where he stayed. They will have another party there.  He postponed two times so this time he had to go with them. He asked us to join but we decided to go back to sleep.
Not drunk yet
Well, then we forgot to exchange the number. He told us that he'd like to meet us again in Bangkok in the next two weeks and said we should exchange the phone numbers  but someone interrupted, then we forgot to do. Well, it doesn't happen too often in my life to meet a person who likes the same thing then disappear. I mean as a friend, not everyone you meet can be your friend but for this man, I think yes. Everyone on the beach calls him a brother. Most of them know him. I'd like to know him too but not because that everyone knows him but I think he's friendly and also funny, and what he's doing in Phangan really makes me want to talk with him more. I had a few friends from Travbuddy and from the trips I've made which is now we still keep in touch, both men and women so I'm really sorry for this because I don't think I could find him again.

Anyway, I was back to the bungalow with Laila at about 4am. We leaved the beach the next morning. Goodbye Phangan for this time. I'm sure I'll be back again, maybe this year or maybe next year. Is it a nice trip? Yes it is. Phangan never never never disappoint me.

newtampo says:
Hi Oten, now everything is getting better. Sorry for the late reply. I didn't check Travbuddy for a month. The business is still ok, as my career and my company (advertising agency) is still ok, work load. Tourism is less than before as I didn't see many tourist during this time but it'll get back to normal soon, hope.
Posted on: Jun 03, 2010
oten says:
hai, how about the situation in your country...I hope it will be better. I heard the election will be conduct? but how about the business and tourism?
Posted on: May 07, 2010
newtampo says:
It was fun yeah! Hehe so let's plan to travel here on next Songkran! :)
Posted on: May 01, 2010