The Big Day!!!!! Ghost Hunt @ Fort Mifflin

Philadelphia Travel Blog

Eastern State Pennatenatiary

Finally the day my cousin and I have been waiting for has arrived, Ghost Hunting Day!!  We started the day with Eastern State Pennatentiary, it was abosulutely amazing.  The three of us decided to talk the self guided audio tour as opposed to waiting for a group tour to start.  So we were just going along through the crumbling prison and checking out every little nook and cranny we could stick our cameras into.  We were so excited to be there, we saw the T.A.P.S. team investigate it and they came out with amazing footage, we were only hoping to be so lucky.  One of the highlights of the prison was the cell of Al Capone, they have his cell as it was when he was incarcerated there for one year.  There was a big arm chair, a radio, this man may have been in prison but it was more like a small studio apt, than a jail cell.

We wlaked around the whole prison for about 1 1/2 hours, and took lots of photographs, I do mean lots, each of us had brought our own digital cameras with us.  So after leaving ESP, we were going to try to find the Rocky Balboa statue, but we could so we decided to hit up the Mutter Museum.

Just one more amazing place, in Phily.  This museum is filled with medical wierdness, really, really, wierd.  They had everything from a skellaton that was about 7ft high to super size colon's and preserved limbs that have elephantitus.  Since no pictures of any kind are allowed to be taken in the museum I bought some post cards in the gift shop on the way out.  Not only did I buy post cards, I also bought 4 germs!  Yes germs, the little organisms that get people sick.

I bought 2 black death, 1 ebola, and 1 mrsa (this one was wearing a cape and looked so cute).  At first I thought they were some wierd type of Beanie Baby. but upon closer inspection, I found out what they really were, and what they were to me was tooo cute to pass up.

After leaving that museum we went on a quest to find beer, and clove cigarretts.  At least one of these things should be relatively easy to find right? Wrong, all I wanted was a tiny little 6-pack, I ended up with a case of 12, and a cigar.  After I got my beer we went on the never ending drive for those clove cigs.  Finally my cousins freind tracked down a store that sold them, and then we had to drive all the way out to wherever to get them ( I quess i will never understand the nic fit).

Well now we are late for our ghost hunt, we barley had time to brush out our hair, and get our stuff together by the time we came back from cig hell.  The setup was nice, we got to move through the line and have all of the people sign stuff for us, they are all so nice.  Once we all moved through and got seated, they started the presentations.  The frist was a History of Fort Mifflin, then Gavin Cromwell, on being a psychic, Followed by John Zaffis, a well known demonologist, and finally the T.A.P.S. crew fielded questions for the whole group.  About 830 we left to go to the fort, and then broke up into groups to explore the fort and the activity.  Everyone involved in the event was so nice, we walked around with them and investigated with them untill 2am.  I even got choosen to go live on the air on a paranormal radio show that broadcasts on XM radio!  At 2am we did our wrap up for the night which included Steve from T.A.P.S. and Gavin firing off a civil war error cannon!  Then we all headed back to the hotel, some reviewed eveudence, some chose to sleep, I was one of those who chose sleep.  The evidence review can wait untill I get home.

Small doorways
The Inside
Entrance to the prison
Entrance to the prison
The Mutter Museum
The entrance (no Photos were allow…
The entrance (no Photos were allo…
Pre-Fort Mifflin
Kris and Laura
Kris and Laura
Steve
Steve
Laura calls this Steves blinky toy
Laura calls this Steves' blinky toy
Steve and Laura
John Zaffis
John Zaffis
T.A.P.S. Team
T.A.P.S. Team
I made this video after a ghost h…
Eastern State Pen
This is just one more amazing historic Location in Philly to explore. This prison is in a state of suspended decay, which just adds to the creepiness … read entire review
The Mutter Museum
I saw this museum on the Travel Channel and put it on my list of places to visit. Unfortunately pictures are not allowed to be taken in the building, … read entire review
The Fort That Saved America
They call Fort Mifflin "The Fort That Saved America", I love History and I have never heard of this place until I saw it on the TV show Ghost Hunters.… read entire review
Philadelphia Hotels & Accommodations review
2 Nights at the Hilton Hotel @ Phily Airport
I spent 2 nights here and it was a very nice stay. I thought I would hear jets all night but that was not the case at all. I did not use the shuttle s… read entire review
Philadelphia