Goa Travel Blog

I arrived at Goa on a great flight from Kingfisher airlines.   My first impression:  Very clean and organized.  Wow!! after Mumbai i really felt so nice and comfortable.  (i like Mumbai but i mean, just the traffic and millions and millions of people...)  Came at Calangute Grand hotel, and my suite was really cool.  Two rooms, two TV's a great bathroom... The pool was on repairs, and i had to go to the beach but because of this i had a great discount on the price.  Goa looks a lot like Panajachel in Guatemala, only bigger, much more bigger... with a lot of restaurants bars and stores for tourism. The beaches are really beautiful and nature here is queen...   Nice food and very cheap.  Two to five dollars lunch or dinner.  I visited Old Goa and the colonial Portuguese churches and temples.  St Francisco Xavier is buried here and the sculptures and paintings from the XVI are really good.  I noticed a little Indian influence on saints and architecture. At Baga, (the party beach) I made friends from Ireland and England  also some Catalans that helped me remember my Spanish.   Was a crazy night but enjoyed  a lot to see young well dressed and happy youngsters at the disco having fun like in New York.    Soon i am flying Delhi where i will focus on Indian art and society.