City of Music

Dublin Travel Blog

In Dublins fair city, where the girls are so pretty I first set my eyes on sweet molly mallone... It's one of the most famous Irish songs. The staue of this Molly Mallone is to be found in Dublin. Today we finally visited this city. We took the bus to Tirinity College. Very, nice please note the review. After that, shame on us, we took a hop-on-hop-off-bus I hate to feel so much like a tourist, but it is a good way to see the city. Next stop was the shopping streets. Actually more an open theatre. Every street corner had a band, or solo singer/musician. A violin playing Irish folk tunes. And full bands with drums, elecric guitars, playing pop, and rock. The next corner inhabited a band wiith all kinds of drums making reggae music. Shopping is ok, but not to be compared to cities like London and Paris. Our next stop was the Cathedral. Me, a tourist that hasn't seen anything but france, didn't expect to pay a high price to enter a church. We paid, and there was actually a tourist shop, with greenleaves and lapricorns. It didn't feel right at all. Beautifull building though. Next stop, after we passed the Guiness Brewery, the Old Jamesson Distillery, again note the review. After our visit there we went back to temple bar, to eat something. All pubs had music, even on a weeknight, and it was shattering all over the streets. Our reggea band was still there and after a whole search we found a place to eat with music. Mostly the ones with a live band are only pubs, so music at dinner, is not as easy as it seems in Dublin. We left early, for our last bus drove early. We left a city, the only real one I've seen in Ireland. A city, of music.
photo by: fransglobal