Abbey's, Castles & Cliffs.

Tipperary Travel Blog

Where was I again? Ballina, a while ago. I´ll pick up the story at our way to the cliffs of Moher. We stopped at an abbey, nowdays used as a girls boading school. Fun but most was closed with the words pivate at the door. Understandable, but still a pity. We arrived at the, hard to believe, sunny campsite, with vieuw o the cliffs. We took a boat trip to see them from the sea. It was quite bumpy, but very beautifull. Needed a strong stumach though. Not only because of the rocking boat, also because or fellow passengers hadn't. However a bus drove us back to Doolin, where we went from, and we had inner, and a ry stormy night. I decided to sleep in the tent that night. So I could hear the sea. And feel it, I realised later. My tent was pactically in my face while the wind blew the salt oceanic water over the campside. This weather remained the rest of the next day,, beautifull waves... And great for your skin all this salt. Today we left for Tipperary. First stop was Buklebary castle and folk park. Quite a mouthfull isn't it? The astle is like one you could find in a childrens story. 4 towers and a square base. Fully decorated and accessable, But read more about it in my rvieeuw of that. we drove on after a short stop for groceries. Tipperary campsite again has a beautifull vieuw, Moutains this time.
Tipperary