A brilliant Idea of Sleeper Train

Nong Khai Travel Blog

Hua Lampong Train Station

Yay, this evening we’re going to Nong Khai by a sleeper train. I was thrilled to get a new experience traveling by a new mode of transportation. Really didn’t know what to expect, but I was up for it!

Three of us finally found our bunk beds! I was happy and got ready to fix my upper bed but was yelled by an old grandma :( I didn’t understand what she was talking about because apparently she spoke a language from another planet but I knew she was not happy. So, I stopped and sitting nicely and quietly with Nikie. Hahaha!

Not too long, a train officer came and helped us to make up the bed. He was really helpful and nice so the grandma didn’t yell at him. Haha! In 15 minutes our beds were ready. I climbed up to my bed around 9 PM and called it a night since I was pretty tired after a long night in Bangkok the other night.

Never thought that taking a sleeper train was a brilliant idea! The fact that I could be horizontal for the whole night was excellent! I zonked like a baby monkey! When I woke up it was already 4 AM. I was totally recharged! But seemed everyone was still sleeping and snoring, so I continued sleeping :P

I woke up around 7 AM when I heard Siska and Nikie laughed! I washed my face and brushed my teeth then joined Siska and Nikie who were enjoying the view along the way. After an hour, we arrived at Nong Khai Train Station! Woo-woo, it was only a step away from Laos!

We were faced up with 2 choices to take another train or tuk-tuk to Thanaleng. We decided to take another train which only cost 20 baht person. We got our ticket, went through the immigration line and got it stamped “you’ve been kicked out from Thailand” and we hopped on to the train. It was not a long journey from Nong Khai to Thanaleng, probably about 15 ��" 20 minutes. The train was very convenient and the view along the way was awesome!

Once we arrived in Thanaleng, we filled out Visa on Arrival form, gave $30 and a passport picture size to the officer and in 15 minutes we got our Visa ready! EXCITED!!!!

LAOS, here I am!!

Lord_Mike says:
Zonked like a baby monkey....brilliant!
Posted on: Aug 18, 2009
rintjez says:
Oh come on, I just made that one to make my blog more interesting. Lol!
Posted on: Jun 23, 2009
tj1777 says:
ah - ok so old yelling gradma from a differet planet is a sign of respect. I need to learn more about foreign cultures ;)
Posted on: Jun 23, 2009