Shithead!

Vientiane Travel Blog

Before - view from the balcony

I woke up at 6 AM and went to the balcony of the guesthouse. My jaws dropped, I couldn’t believe what I saw. It was a beautiful morning where all the rock hills were covered by fog. I ran back to my room and grabbed my obsolete camera. After taking a couple of pictures, I spent time for awhile enjoying the beautiful morning in Vang Vieng alone in silence.

Siska was still sleeping like a rock when I got back to the room. I bet she was still under the influence of the Happy Drink she took last night. Oh boy, that’s a dangerous thing! She shouldn’t have drank it In the first place ;)

Anyhoo, I chilled out with Olan before he left for Vientiane to catch his bus to Hanoi.

After - view from the balcony
After I waved good bye to him, I went back to my room to check Siska. I was so relieved to find out that she was still breathing and already awaken! She’s alive peeps!

We then grabbed our breakfast from the pancake stall and went to the balcony of the guesthouse. We were having a mellow morning, wolfing a big portion of pancake, enjoying awesome view and great company. We discussed whatever happened the day before and laughed at each other for all the silly things we did! Eventhough we laughed at each other, deep down we learned our lessons, because it was actually could risk our lives.

We didn’t do anything exciting today, just laze around until the time we leave for heading back to Vientiane. It took 3-4 hours of bus ride to Vientiane. Sitting next to me was an Austrian guy who plans to continue his trip to Saigon. I fed him with a lot of information about Saigon since I visited Saigon 6 months ago.

Hugo, I, Gerrit
He wrote down everything I said! Very studious! Haha!

We got a nice guesthouse at Vientiane. One of our roommates was a guy from Holland named Hugo. We had a little chitchat with him and invited him for dinner. He invited another friend, Gerrit. So 4 of us had dinner together at Swedish Pizza & Baking House. Isn’t that weird having Swedish Pizza in Vientiane?..

Hugo and Gerrit told us about their experience in Vang Vieng over the meal. It turned out that they were doing voluntary job teaching English for small kids in Vang Vieng. Considered about how young these guys are, I really think what they did was noble. I was envious :)

After dinner, we grabbed a couple of beers and a chocolate shake. We chilled out at the guesthouse. They taught us Shithead - a fun card game and this supposed to be known by all travelers around the world. We had a fun game full of laughter and “shit” word came out from our mouths hundred times. Haha! Little did we know that Gerrit is really good with card tricks. So when we had breaks he showed them to us. So it added the fun night we had in Vientiane.

A little bit sad to know that the next morning I will be leaving Lao. But don’t wanna be too sad about it. I will just cherish all the good memories I have had in this amazing country.

Lord_Mike says:
"After dinner, we grabbed a couple of beers...." that is my Rini!!!
Posted on: Aug 18, 2009
rintjez says:
I'm confused.....
Posted on: Jun 30, 2009
tj1777 says:
hmm could I ask you to take a look at your own comment at the third entry of this blog ;)
Posted on: Jun 30, 2009
Beautiful sunset in Vientiane
Beautiful sunset in Vientiane
Gerrit and Hugo tried to explain a…
Gerrit and Hugo tried to explain …
Hugo, Siska, Gerrit