Beach Day

Honolulu Travel Blog

On the other side of the island, opposite from our hotel.

A major part of Hawaii are the beaches. You can't go to Hawaii and not go to the beach somewhere. -That would be a waste of a trip. Day 3 was Beach Day.

I didn't have a bathing suit still, so we had to go search for that. We went back to the Pearlridge mall and in the Downtown mall we found a Wet Seal. I do like Wet Seal and their clothes fit me. They are one of the few stores in Hawaii that carry an XS. I actually ended up buying 2 bikinis and 1 bathing suit. After that we ate at the Panda Express, which had “Fun Chow”, something the ones in Texas I eat at do not have.

Me & My Boyfriend at Barbers Point.
Then we met up with Blake & Melanie again, along with my boyfriend's friend, Brett and his cousin Tammy. - The beach we went to was nice, it was called- Barbers Point and is on the opposite part of the island from Waikiki, located in Kalaeloa (but still in Honolulu County). While driving there I could see Waikiki out the car window. It is a Navy owned beach, so only military personnel and those with them can enter. There are other parts of the beach farther down from where we were that are open to the public though. This was my first time in the Pacific Ocean. I'd been in the Atlantic Ocean before. In comparison, I found the Pacific to be warmer (not warm, but just warmer than the Atlantic) and less salty.
The gang at Barbers Point.
I was quite scared to go into the ocean at first. I'm not a fan of a place where live creatures can come to kill or harm you, but eventually my boyfriend talked me into it. The water was very cold and it took me a while to get all of me into the ocean. Once I was out in the ocean, I enjoyed it. The waves are fun once you figure out how they work.

After the beach we came back to get ready to go to a Thai restaurant in Waikiki. We went to Keo's which is on Kuhio Avenue. It's upstairs right before you get to Mad Dogs Saloon. I was not impressed with this place. I thought the staff was rude and not helpful at all. I also did not like my food. It'd been quite some time since I'd had Thai food, but I did remember that I liked it. However, my dish was still crawling and I don't think it was suppose to be.

Me in the Pacific Ocean!
Ok, it wasn't really alive, but it sure felt like any minute it was going to get up and walk off my plate.

We went out again that night to Zanzabar. This time, Brian, another boat mate of my boyfriend's joined us. We didn't stay too long there, because Brian is not a dancer and he was not comfortable. I thought the music wasn't as good as it was the first time I was there either. We ended up going to The Red Lion which is a bar on Kalakau Avenue. The bar does feature a dance floor which wasn't being used all that much the night we were there. There was a lot of socializing and hanging out going on. We went to play pool. Unfortunately they only have two tables. We were lucky enough to snag one when we first came in, because the people previously using it were leaving. I also ordered the chicken nachos, since I was hungry from not eating dinner, and they were very good. In fact, we all ate them and couldn't stop. The one thing I think was nice about The Red Lion was that people there seemed really nice and cool. No conflict or petty fights and the staff was good too.

On the other side of the island, o…
On the other side of the island, …
Brain & Ben at Zanzabar