Bursa

Bursa Travel Blog

Bursa city located is not far from Istanbul . It is not very big city and i think it is possible to explore it in one day.It takes 4 hours by bus. Also there is one other option is to  take ferry boat from  Istanbul Yenikapi harbour.I heard it is takes about two hours. You can easily make your  booking from http://www.ido.com.tr/index.cfmFor this time i used a bus. Metro turizm http://www.metroturizm.com.tr/?langid=Mg. There are  many various  agencies as well.

Why is Bursa ? I have been wanted to visit this city for many yearsbut i coudnt till yeastarday.  One of my cousins had been studied there for a year and i told him to take me there and my small sister with us cause he knows pretty well the city.. When we arrived to the main bus station in Bursa we took a bus which number  is 96  to reach downtown .We went out in stop named  ‘’ Altiparmak’’. And our journey is started. J.  The  first place we visited was Tophane . There was  spectacular view to the city center from the hill. Also there was a mini clock tower impressed  me. The most famous place of the city is ancient mosque which is called ‘’ ULUCAMI’’which means ‘’ Great Mosque’’ . By the way the impressive mosque which was built by Ottomans also impressed me by it historical architecture. The mosque located in the center of the city ear by to Kapali carsi ( Grand Bazaar ) which also built by Ottomans. It is a traditional constructive  of architecture system  of the Ottomans.

You can see the same stile in other cities in Turkey. Bursa is known with it’s cuisines. The most popular food is Iskender Kebap which you can find almost in every cities of Turkey. Iskender prepareted from meat After preparing they put it over a bread pieces named Pide in turkish. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/İskender_kebap , take a look to the web-page as well.Like is everywhere we visited historical places i we ate famous  food from Bursa cuisine. Bursa is also known with it big, cold Uludag mountains where you can enjoy your time for holidays by skiing in the  winter.  We visited  only a part of it where we saw the oldest Plane tree ( Cinar Agaci ). That tree is about one thousand years old. We were siting  under the  huge brunches of the tree and enjoed drinking turkish tea, eating natural fruitswhich we bought from villiage sellers  and breathing fresh  air. The all story of my trip was hapened  just in a one day. If one day your way will cross with Turkey i advise you to visit this fairy place.  I want to say you will catch opportunity to feel history and culture of  the Ottomans not only in Bursa also you can discover mystery peace of the Ottomans in other regions of Turkey. To save my memories forever i took photos of places where i have been. I am sharing with you.

Welcome to Turkey !  We are waiting for you too