Transferring in Delhi

New Delhi Travel Blog

It was dark by the time we reached Deli. As in Mumbai, the domestic and international terminals are on different sides of the airport so, after a rather considerable wait, I took a shuttle. I was the only passenger on the bus but sitting beside me and behind the cage enclosing the driver was a guard with an AK-47.  Welcome to Delhi!  I figures I'd get dropped off inside security as normally happens in the US but, nope, I was dropped with the seething masses on the curb.  I very eager young man quickly latched onto the handle of my carry-on and reached for my passport and ticket so he could help me!  He said I was not allowed to present it to security; he's have to.  Well, having fallen off the turnip truck about the same time as his grandfather, I kept a firm grip on everything and suggested we go together to ask a policeman about th eproper procedure.  Funny; he disappeared!

I had a LONG wait but fortunately was able to spend it in the business class lounge.  The plane was late, of course, but about an hour before the revised boarding time we were ask3ed to join the line for security.  I was hoping maybe we were in luck with the schedule but, no, the securitry here was at least as bad as in Pune.  It took an hour to process a line about 75 feet long!  Iy was well after midnight when we got into the air.

New Delhi