The LONG trip over

New York Travel Blog

Somewhere over Iran!
I left from New York on Sunday, January 23, the day after a devastating snowstorm.  Things were so bad that the east coast was essentially shut down, roads were largely impassible and, for a while, we thought we'd have to scrub because thehighways in New Jersey were closed, preventing us from getting to JFK.  After a treacherous drive (with a driver, thank God) to JFK in New York, I caught a direct flight to Mumbai (the city formally known as Bombay) via Frankfort.  Because of the storm, we were 4 hours late leaving JFK, 3.5 of which were spent sitting on the plane! The only thing worse than a very long trip is one made even longer by a departure delay! I was a little disappointed that the part of the flight over Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, and India was at night so we couldn't see much. We were scheduled to get to Mumbai at about 10:00 PM local time on Monday but I didn't get to my room at the Hyatt Regency until 2:30 AM on Tuesday! (India time, by the way, is 10.5 hours ahead of EST.)  Getting to bed at 2:30, it was pretty depressing to request the 6:45 AM wakeup call!  Given the length of the flight and the time change, Monday just disappeared so there is no journal entry for it!
New York