Taal Lake and Volcano

Tagaytay Travel Blog

I went to see the Taal Volcano and lake, I arrived at the bus station, and was suprised to see quite a few hawkers touting for business. I was trying to negotiate a resonable price just to get a good view of the lake and volcano as I didn't have much time, and had already read there are a lot of restaurants and cafes on the side of the hill.

I was told Starbucks had a good view, that it was on the side of the lake, that it was 18K away and would cost be 150 Pesos to get there. So I agreed, only to find when we got right down to the lakeside that Starbucks was right at the top, and the guy had taken me to the resort where I had refused to go in the first place! He also then wanted me to pay an extra 150P to get back to Starbucks! I stopped for a drink, only to be charged 50P at the same place, so not the best experience...

My advice is to anyone, the view is just as good from the top, at the sides of the lake, maybe even better than from the side of the lake. Make sure you tell these people exactly which cafe/restaurant you want to go to, and check yourself where it is... ie, Starbucks is NOT on the lakeside :)

It's not about the money, money, money... lol it's all about the experience!

photo by: JeAr