Second day in Manila... a bit better!

Manila Travel Blog

It helped largely that the sun was shining today, and I woke bright and early at 8am. So I made my way to Bacolod to the market for a walk. I think I had my pockets pick-pocketed no less than 3-4 times, just as well I leave them empty! I would advise to leave any hand jewellery at home if you are shopping here. The market has some great deals on clothes, jeans and dresses, watches, sunglasses, and food. So I tucked into some pineapple, banana fritters (kamote) and sweetcorn!

At lunch time I went to the Mall of Asia, it was only 7pesos in the jeepeny to get there, so I had a little shopping a chill out time. Was a little shocked to see armed police and security guards everywhere and otuside every ATM, apart from the had a pleasant day! Think I might head down to Taal Lake and volcano tomorrow!

From my first two days I have found people here to be very friendly and helpful (especially when I have been lost), and would like to say that everyone here has beautiful smiles!

cotton_foam says:
My daughter said the same thing to me when we were in MOA (mall of asia)-- she said. "Mom all the people I meet in the mall smiles at me..."
Posted on: Mar 17, 2013
lauro says:
oh and thank you for saying that we have beautiful smiles!! ^_^
Posted on: Jul 30, 2009
lauro says:
oh my goodness! you were pickpokected 3-4x in one day?!!
Posted on: Jul 30, 2009