Maddest 24 hrs ever! From Manila to Borocay by sea and land only within 24 hours, over 4 islands!

Boracay Travel Blog

After the seedy guy asked me to spend the night with him for 10,000 pesos, I checked out pronto! That Townhouse dorm is the worst I have ever stayed in, grotty horrible pit!

So I took a Jeepney to Baclaran, where I caught a bus to Tagaytay. I then caught a motorbike-taxi to the lakeside to see the Taal Volcano, which is very beautiful and worth the trip. I realised that I only had 2 hours to make it to the ferry in Batangas on time, so I caught another Jeepney to Panaue, then caught another bus to Batangas Pier.

I went to get my ticket for Puerto Galeras, only to find that they had stopped the boats at 3.30pm instead of 5.30pm due to low passengers, so I thought I would just get the ferry to Calapan instead. I was going to spend the night there, but met a guy who offered a lift in his bread van to Roxas! I don't normally hitch rides, but this was an exception, so we travelled to the south of the island.

I ended up agreeing to go as his passenger right through to Caticlan, so spent from 11pm until 5am chatting with locals at a fab beachside cafe, and sleeping under a hammock until it was time to get the ferry from Mindoro Island to Patay island. So I caught a boat then to Boracy, and yep, it's really beautiful here, though a little windy from the season!
cotton_foam says:
Wow, I say you are so brave!!
Posted on: Mar 17, 2013
jarno_leijen says:
nice writing! keep doing it while you travel, it's fun.

grtz.
Posted on: Oct 22, 2009
darkinvader143 says:
nice blog Vicy! I agree with Reychel, you're such a BRAVE girl! ;)
Posted on: Aug 07, 2009