First day in Manila, AArgh!!

Manila Travel Blog

I landed in Clark Airport and caught the bus to Manila, which took about 2 hours. Along with the fact that I had not slept the night before, and that I had left my SE Asia Loney Planet guide on the bus in KL, things were not going too great.

I had no idea where I had been dropped off in Manila, and when trying to get to the dock to get a boat, both my cards were blocked by my bank! So it left me with just enough pesos to check into The Townhouse hostel, where I have seedy dorm for 180pesos a night, and 60 pesos left to eat with for the night (plus the 300 I got scammed by the taxi driver)... so in all, not the best day ever! I felt really miserable, along with the fact the only other tourists I met at the hotel were; One junkie, one alcoholic, one old pervert and I wont go on...

There are many other nicer hostels to stay in Manila along the sea front, they are safer also. I would not recommend the bamboo screen mixed dorm, for single travellers, well, for any travellers at the Town House guest house, if you need to stay there, take a private room, unless armed lol.

Decided to end it all by going to sleep at 9.30pm!

James1985 says:
the joys of south east asia!
Posted on: Jul 28, 2009