Cameron Highlands! The cat gets the icecream!

Tanah Rata Travel Blog

Got the 11am bus from Ipoh to Tanah Rata this morning. The only problem that the bus supposed to be taking 2 hours, and me, needing the toilet desperately after 1.5 hrs, found out we had another hour to go!! So I jumped off the bus at some random place, it was either that or go to the back of the bus with an empty bottle (which actually crossed my mind a few times).

After refreshing at the local cafe, I realised I had just made the best impulsive decision! I had got off right at the fresh fruits stalls, and so helped myself to some honey apples, fresh honey, fresh local strawberry icecream and butternut squash and banana fried fritters... nice. Then caught another bus withing 20 mins back to Tanah rata! Success! Checked into Father's Hostel, which has bunker style dorms for 10rgt a night. Well worth it as they are so well organised here! Going on a tour tomorrow.

This afternoon I had a chinese back massage and foot reflexology, and also found a super nice dentist who scaled and polished my teeth, much nicer than the twit dentists in the UK who get the highest pay, and stay use caveman tools. had a nice evening, had some food in T-cafe, which was really lovely in there. Back to Fathers hostel for some chit chat!
vvicy1 says:
Thank you, I did drink with milk sorry and 2 sugars hee hee :)
Posted on: Jul 12, 2012
RH122 says:
Enjoy the fresh air, visit tea plantation and look for stinky 'Rafflesia' in the jungle. :)
Posted on: Jul 23, 2009
Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
If you like jungle trekking, this is the place!
Posted on: Jul 23, 2009