Ireland vs Germany

Stuttgart Travel Blog

Lots of people at the Schlossplatz
I went down to Königstrasse to do a little shopping and was amazed at all the people there!  And so much green!  And English?  Wait, where am I?  Turns out Ireland was in town for a soccer game against Germany tonight and this was the pre-party!  There were thousands of people there, most wearing green.  They were gathered on the Schlossplatz, on the steps, on any flat open space.  It was insane.  I took the opportunity to buy a belt at one of the kiosks there.  I picked out a pretty reddish one and told the woman it was too big.  So she wrapped it around me and cut it to size. Perfect!  I love that you can actually buy a belt that is EXACTLY your size.  I stopped in the bookstore and decided there were too many people out here for me.  On the way home I grabbed a Germany flag to show my support for the German soccer team.  I guess most of the people downtown were there to watch the game on screens on the Schlossplatz since most of them didn't have tickets to the game and most had already started drinking.  Crazyness!  I went home, didn't watch the game, and don't know who won.
Lots of green