Day 165: Nanning

Nanning Travel Blog

Finally got some money out of an ATM in China yesterday, took a couple of hours...   they wasn't any money in the ATM, that was the problem the whole time, they had to come out and fill it for me.  Met my new friend Elec, the only person in all of Dongxing who was willing to speak english with me.  I think many people understand, they are just nervous about actually trying it with a westerner.

Got the bus to Nanning in the early after noon.  Nice modern buses, nice freeway, very comfortable.  Got to the Nanning bus station and then finally into the downtown area near the train station.  I didn't realize how far apart the two would be.  Apparently there are several main buss stations, a separate one for buses heading in each direction, north south east and west?   Not quite I understand yet.  People are really nice so far.

Today I went to the mall to buy a new mp3 player as I dropped mine from the 4th floor of the hotel in HCMC a month ago and have been without music.  I brought the broken one with me to show what I was looking for and they took it and fixed it, good as new, cost me $5 US.  I love China.

photo by: davidfeng