To all nature lover

Thailand Travel Blog

Dear My friends,

I went on a vacation trip in Pak Chong, Nakhon Ratchasima. It’s environment is so wonderful. I stayed at Khaoyai Garden Lodge, located at foothill of the          ascent to Khaoyai National Park. Here, I was fond of a swimming pool with a small waterfall, a big botanical garden and the room was so nice.

I went on a 1.5 day trip

First half day, started around 3.30 pm, We visited Buddhist cave temple (underground cave) then drove to see millions of wrinkle lipped bats flying out of the cave forming a snake like stream in the sky and they were some preadator birds trying to get some bats. It was a good sight to see. That’s not in National Park, so we didn’t have to pay entrance fee.

Second day started at 8.00 am, trekking through dry evergreen forest where we’ve seen gibbons, monkeys, hornbills could be seen along the way. Then went to have lunch at a restaurant right next to Heaw Suwat Waterfall (scene of movie “The Beach”). Went swimming under the waterfall after that we went to the Southside of National Park to look for some elephants.., and we were lucky to see a herd of elephants walking by the side of the road to go to a salt lick. Real close that was the highlight of the trip, on the way back we were looking for nocturnal animals. I was so tired but lots of fun!, I enjoyed very much  and definitely plan to revisit Khaoyai Garden lodge again.

Hope everythings go well with you

Take care,

P.S. One day trip not include entrance fee to National park 400 baht/person. One more thing: Don’t forget long sleeve, long pants, shoes and camera.