One of Jamaica's best kept secrets

half moon beach Travel Blog

Today we were off on a catamaran cruise to half moon beach, Jamaica. Just miles from Negril, we stayed on the catamaran for about an hour before reaching Half moon, drinking Rum Punch, listening to Reggae vibez, chatting away to the cool crew, todd who we made friends with told us all about Beres Hammond who is one of my all time favorite reggae artists.

Upon reaching Half moon beach we jumped out of the Catamaran and had to swim a little to shore and silly me dropped my bag which had my mobile phone in :( ahhh well ! it didn't work after that I can safely say that I didn't have a mobile for the rest of our jamaica trip but in a way I didn't care I was in paradise.

(the weird thing is that when I got back to England I opened my phone up and I put the peices in the freezer for half an hour and then in the airing cupboard for an hour and Im still using it to this day.

We really had found One of Jamaica's best kept secrets in Half Moon beach, a little secluded beach, off the beaten track, we ate a buffet lunch here which was delicious, it was cooked by the locals of half moon beach on a grill and it was nice to eat 'real Jamaican food' cooked by Jamaican women.

We spent the most part of the day on this beach playing with the friendly beach Alsatian dogs and Puppies, Across the way Jamaican women were doing Laundry the traditional way with a bucket of water and a scrubbing brush, I went over to help out as I wanted to soak up the culture as much as I could they were very grateful that someone wanted to help out and appreciative of getting the laundry done that much quicker.

Our time at Half Moon Beach was coming to an end so we waved goodbye to everyone and swam back to the catamaran where we relaxed as we travelled back to Negril this time we stayed on the catamaran for about 2 hours ... we just didn't want to get off :)

something I saw today = A large Halo around the sun in the middle of the sky as we were on the catamaran in the middle of the ocean, the local Jamican on the boat with us talked about how Jah (Jamaican God) could create something that great . I still don't really know hat it was but it was pretty spectacular (pics below)

me and todd
me and todd
jokes written in the womens bathro…
jokes written in the womens bathr…
half moon beach