Canopy tour and Oranges !

Montego Bay Travel Blog

ready to roll

I woke to the sound of tropical birds, today I was going on a canopy tour with Sybil and Saniya, so as I waited for the phonecall from Sybil I sat in the morning sun on the balcony listening to Jamaican Nature.

We drove for about 2 hours up in to the hills of Montego bay, Saniya and I straped in to our canopy wear and then hiked up the stoned road to the first base, saniya was fearless and volunteered to go first... up up and away ..... she was gone across to the other side, next it was my turn so I got strapped to the line and up up and away ... ''whhaaaaaaaa'' after the initial shock of the slight drop and then flying through the trees I saw the water below and the striking views and I felt like I was flying it was great, so many colours and flowers..... approaching the otherside I could see saniya waving at me and then ''gagoshhh'' hit the pillowed tree on the ther side :)

The higher up we went the better the views became, laughing all the way across, and now flying through the sky looking down on the flora of mo bay untill we came to a different line.

I like this one ... high up in the middle of the trees
.. a horizontal line and about a 70 ft drop (I think ) I closed my eyes and screamed the whole way down I don't think Ive ever been so scared ! The leader caught me at the bottom and once again I felt safe ... Granted I was on a plank of wood strapped to a tree  a good few thousand feet up in the hills but I felt safe as I was no longer falling horizontally, lol.

The rest of the tour was a breeze, vertically swinging and drifting through the trees as we went back down to collect our pictures.

The drive back to negril was pleasant, we stopped at an orchard to pick fresh Oranges, we bagged up loads of them before getting back in to the car and continuing back to Negril.

ready to roll
I like this one ... high up in the…
I like this one ... high up in th…
me looool